Make your own Ma’at’s Feather headdress.
You will need:
One sheet of A4 paper or thin card, scissors, glue stick, coloured pencils or crayons.
- Draw two feather shapes and two ‘stalk’ shapes on a piece of A4 paper or thin card. (see pictures). Cut them out.
- Glue the two feather shapes together down the centre (don’t put glue on the edges)
- Colour the feather shapes on both sides. Use any colours you want your feather to be.
- Fold the feather shapes down the centre. Snip in from the edge towards the centre with a pair of scissors, stopping about 5mms (half a centimetre) from the centre. Make the cuts close together all around the edge.
- Fold the two ‘stalks’ in half down the centre. Glue the front of one and the back of the other. Stick one to the front and one to the back of the feather leaving a ‘stalk’ at the bottom.
- Fluff up the cuts to make them look like a feather.
- Find a ribbon or scarf to tie round your head. Put the feather in the band.
- For a real Egyptian look use dark eye liner around your eyes.